Sheffield Arenacross – Qualifiying
The penultimate round of the 2017 Arenacross championship got off to a flying start this morning, with red plate holder Cedric Soubeyras putting in the fastest lap, ahead of Thomas Ramette (SR75 World Suzuki) to put himself in the best starting position for this evening’s set of races.
The RFX St Blazey Suzuki rider was the only one to record a sub 25-second time. Ramette’s team-mate Cyrille Coulon put a knee injury aside to return to form with a solid third. All main contenders qualified inside the top ten, with second to eighth place runners continuing the too-close-to-call battle by qualifying within a second of each other.
The usual suspects headed the Pro Lites qualifying with Yannis Irsuti (I-Fly JK Yamaha), Joe Clayton (Keystone Honda), and Dylan Woodcock (Team Green Kawasaki) all posting laps in the 26-second band, and Chris Bayliss (Buildbase Honda) close behind in fourth.
In the first Youth races of the day, Honda-mounted Ben Clayton and Kawasaki’s Bobby Bruce fended off a pair of KTM’s ridden by Carl Osterman and Callum Beeken. The biggest surprise of the morning session came in the Youth 65cc group, where young Belfast hero Charlie Irwin took his first win of the series, and Ben Mustoe finished second, relegating championship leader Ashton Boughen to third. Local lad Harvey Shaw, fresh from a day of media interviews, bagged an impressive fourth.
1. Cedric Soubeyras #85, RFX St Blazey, 24.785
2. Thomas Ramette #1, SR75 World Suzuki, 25.168
3. Cyrille Coulon #5, SR75 World Suzuki, 25.318
4. Jack Brunell #155, Team Green Kawasaki, 25.422
5. Adrien Escoffier #137, MVR-D Husqvarna, 25.492
6. Sulivan Jaulin #211, 25.836
7. Hugo Basaula #747, Team Green Kawasaki, 25.861
8. Florent Richier #2, Keystone Honda, 25.861
9. Angelo Pellegrini #941, RFX St Blazey, 25.913
10. Adam Chatfield #407, Buildstone Honda, 26.123
Pro Lites Qualifying
1. Yannis Irsuti #170, I-fly JK Yamaha, 26.493
2. Joe Clayton #14, Keystone Honda, 26.827
3. Dylan Woodcock #60, Team Green Kawasaki, 26.971
4. Chris Bayliss #259, Buildbase Honda, 27.203
5. Frederick Hojris #9, WD40 Xbladez Husqvarna, 27.558
6. Jason Meara #10, RFX St Blazey, 27.567
SuperMini Race 1
1. Ben Clayton #14, 20 points
2. Bobby Bruce #579, 18 points
3. Carl Osterman #10, 16 points
4. Callum Beeken #211, 15 points
5. Louie Kessell #7, 14 points
6. Josh Jones #121, 13 points
Youth 65cc Race 1
1. Charley Irwin #50, 20 points
2. Ben Mustoe #3, 18 points
3. Ashton Boughen #2, 16 points
4. Harvey Shaw #82, 15 points
5. Freddie Bartlett #292, 14 points
6. Charlie Hucklebridge #123, 13 points
Doors open for this evening’s show at 6.00pm with the show kicking off at 7.30am. Tickets are still on sale directly via the arena, call 01142 565656 or CLICK HERE to buy tickets.